Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hair Cutting



http://momsinneedofmercy.blogspot.com/2009/10/cutting-boys-hair.html
My mom showed me how to cut my boyfriend's hair when I was 18. Now that I am married, I cut my husband's hair and my 12 year old son's hair (my 18 month old does not have enough hair to cut yet! Maybe in a few years....)

We have saved a lot of money through the years. Luckily Brian has a little bend in his hair that covers any mistakes. My son Tyler, on the other hand, has stick straight hair that is less forgiving, but we cut it anyway.

If you can't make it the meeting tonight, there are many other ways to learn to cut hair. You could ask a friend how knows how, watch your barber and learn, go on Youtube.com and type in: How to cut men's hair or cutting hair. Watch the videos. You can also check out books at the library (Hair Cutting for Dummies or something like that.) For the first few practice times, you can bribe your sons and pay THEM. You will eventually do great.

I use a combo of clippers and scissors for my 12 year old and just scissors for my husband. This is a great skill to learn.

Here is a good description of how to cut hair.

http://selfrelianceadventures.blogspot.com/2009/03/save-some-cash-cut-your-own-kids-hair.html

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for doing this blog! I am so excited to do everything on here so far!! I can't always make it to meetings, but love to learn what I can about provident living, so THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete